UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's
Shift: 7am - 3:30pm Monday - Friday
To assist the physician in the medical office practice and to perform technical skills in the Operating Room, under the direction and supervision of the physician.
- Assumes responsibility for continued growth in areas of competencies, lifelong learning and involvement in unit and hospital quality of care projects. Specialty certifications and continuing education are strongly encouraged.
- Supports use of Evidenced Based Practice and incorporates best practices into daily care routine.
- Participates in mandatory education and unit meetings per established guidelines.
- Compiles with all safety goals, infection prevention and risk management policies and procedures.
- Completes annual mandatory education.
- Communicates utilizing the FOCUS Values in all aspects of care and interactions with others.
- Effectively communicates with all team members, physicians, ancillary staff and all customers. Verbal communication is clear and concise, and written communication is legible and done using approved abbreviations.
- Practice indicates compliance with HIPAA, DNV, OSHA and all other regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible in meeting needs of the unit as a team member.
- Unit specific additional functions will be addressed in the competency checklist specific to the assigned unit. Additional certifications and requirements are unit based.
Operating Room Functions:
- Demonstrates an ability to perform all duties required of a Surgical Technician in accordance with established procedures as required.
- Directs and assists in carrying-out safe aseptic techniques and procedures as outlined in the Operating Room Policy & Procedure manuals; observes & reports contamination &/or breaks in aseptic techniques.
- Directs & assists in the maintenance & handling of special instruments & equipment.
- Always maintains responsibility for ensuring safe patient care.
- Utilizes patient care & unit supplies in a manner that is both patient care & cost effective.
- Successful completion of an approved training program for Operating Room Technicians
Minimum Work Experience:
- Preferred Experience: Prior hospital and/or office experience desirable.
- Certification is encouraged
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Must be BCLS certified